So here are ten covers that I really hate.
10. White Cat by Holly Black I’m talking about the cover with the guy looking like he is kinda strangling/petting the cat. Here’s the cover: http://www.amazon.com/White-Cat-The-Curse-Workers/dp/1416963979
9. Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer Lovely book, but I’m not a fan of having the brothers on the cover. I mean, personally I would have hoped for something more cool looking since there are so many things that would have made it beautiful. Maybe just add something else to the cover? The brothers are okay, but I think something with them would have made it more interesting. The covers get better as you go along with the series. The best ones are the novellas though. https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4629194.Brigid_Kemmerer
8. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead Face. After a really close-up face. Oh, then another face. Yep that sums up these awful covers. It’s just that I wished there was something with the face and less zoomed in. http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Academy-Box-Set-Books/dp/1595142711/ref=sr_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412559224&sr=1-12&keywords=vampire+academy+series
7. Hex Hall trilogy by Rachel Hawkins These books aren’t too bad, but it just looks awkward. http://readingwritingrachel.blogspot.com/2004/01/about.html
6. Anna and the French Kiss companion trilogy by Stephanie Perkins I’m talking about the old covers. *shivers* Why? I mean, yeah I guess it goes with the story, but I just don’t like them…… Again I’m going to say awkward. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6936382-anna-and-the-french-kiss
5. House of Night series by P.C. and Kristen Cast To me, these covers just are kinda plain and not great. Especially the fourth cover. I really hate that one. http://www.houseofnightseries.com/books/untamed/
4. Poseur series by Rachel Maude It’s a book about fashion. Look at the cover and tell me these people are fashionable. Personally, as a girl who loves fashion, it looks like they were playing dress up as teenagers. Especially the second cover. https://www.goodreads.com/series/44240-poseur
3. Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout These covers are hideous. I’ll link the worst one right here: http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/books/lux-consequences/ . I just can’t get over how shiny and sparkly the books are.
2. White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout Yes, I get where they were going with this cover, but I’m not a fan of “almost kissing covers” (looking at you, movie edition covers of any Nicholas Sparks book). And the almost kissing continues in the second and prequel novella. I’m guessing it will be the same for the last book when the cover is reveled. https://www.goodreads.com/series/98903-the-dark-elements
1. Gone series by Michael Grant The old covers. I own the first in the old cover because no one told me at the time that they were releasing new covers a few months later. Frustration. Oh well. This book has the classic, “let’s look off in the distance with no facial expression and pretend we are fabulous”. From what I’ve heard about the books, they aren’t about rich people. In fact, the book is about a world were there are no grown ups and basically everything is chaotic, so I’m pretty sure no one is standing there like “I’m fabulous” considering that it’s a dystopian. https://www.goodreads.com/series/45284-gone
Well…….. Sorry for all that negativity. I’ll try to post my top ten favorite covers soon. Comment down below what some of your least favorite covers are and if you agree with me on any if these books.