Hey guys! So it’s now 2015. That means so many good books are coming out soon (or well, sooner). It was really hard picking my top 10 books I’m excited for from now until June. I would have done the whole year, but who am I kidding? I would not have been able to choose. I already have about 20 tabs open just for books coming out in the first half of 2015 and it’s still growing. Too many books.
So first off, four honorable mentions:
A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas This book is a retelling of Sleeping Beauty. Aurora wakes up 100 years after falling asleep. Her family is dead and her true love is a complete stranger. While she was sleeping, her life has been planned out for her and it’s all about politics. That synopsis draws me in. This book comes out on February 24, 2015.
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir I can’t explain this book. I really can’t. It’s set in an ancient Rome-like world. Now, It’s only in honorable mention because I have an e-arc of it from Netgalley. This comes out on April 28th.
The Heir by Kiera Cass I’m excited for this, but I was also ready for the series to end. Don’t get me wrong, I love the series, but I feel like it ended perfectly. At least it follows their daughter. This comes out on May 5th.
Frostfire by Amanda Hocking I’m so excited for this! This definitely would have made the list, but it got pushed off by a book or two. I’m so happy she is writing another book in this realm. This comes out on January 6th.
Now onto the list:
10. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven This book is about a girl how lives in Indiana (like me) who wants something bigger than this and it’s about a boy who is depressed and thinks of suicide. And how they become friends. Sounds like a happy book right? Honestly, I feel like this book is going to be so emotional. This book comes out on January 6th.
9. All Fall Down by Ally Carter Look at that, another spy/mystery novel. I love her other books and I’m on the street team for this book so I’m ready for this book. This come out on January 20th.
8. Burning Kingdoms by Lauren DeStefano This is the second book in The Internment Chronicles. I’m so excited for this! I read the first book last month and throughly enjoyed it. This book comes out on March 10th.
7. Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein This is about a girl who turns into a jinn on her 16th birthday. I think a jinn is basically a genie, but I’m not entirely sure. I’ve never read a genie book, but I really want to. This book comes out on April 21st.
6. Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows Now, I don’t know too much about this book other than it is a fantasy with a kingdom, magic, and spies. This comes out on March 10th.
5. Fairest by Marissa Meyer This is about Queen Levanna and her past. I’m so excited to learn about what made her heart so stone cold. This book comes out on January 27th.
4. The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall This is about a girl who is from a rich family. They have a secret surrounding them. And that’s all I know. The secret society thing is what got me intrigued. I’ve already preordered this and I’m so excited to read this. This book comes out on January 13th.
3. The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige This is the sequel to Dorothy Must Die, which is one of my favorite books. I’m so excited to see what happens in the next book. This comes out on March 31st.
2. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard This is a fantasy book that sounds amazing. All of my blogger friends who were lucky enough to get an arc have loved this book. I love fantasy and I’ve been reading a lot of it lately, so I think I’ll enjoy this. Can we discuss the cover for a second? IT’S SO SIMPLE AND GORGEOUS. This comes out on February 10th.
1. A Court of Thorns and Roses This is another fantasy. I’m so excited to read this. I don’t really know too much about this book, but it’s Sarah J. Maas and she knows how to write a fantastic story. This comes out on May 5th.