2015 is over. I saw this survey on a few of my favorite blogs (aka Readlovewrite28 and Pucks&Paperbacks ). It was a fantastic year, so let’s just get right into the survey.
2015 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 154
Number of Re-Reads: 6
Pages Read: 41,668
Average Rating: 4.1
Genre You Read The Most From: Maybe YA fantasy?
Best In Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
I think it would have to be The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. I fell in love with the writing and the characters.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
It would have to be The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. This was the first book in a long time to surprise me with a plot twist.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I didn’t really push any books this year.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
I would say that the best series started was the Scarlet trilogy. The best sequel was Cress by Marissa Meyer
Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen was perfection
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Ummmm I’ll name five: Renee Ahdieh, Nicola Yoon, A.C. Gaughen, Rainbow Rowell and Colleen Hoover.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Action packed? My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent. Unputdownable? Confess by Colleen Hoover
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Probably The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Kady and Ezra from Illuminae
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
A Work In Progress by Connor Franta
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“Because sometimes it doesn’t help to chase after the thing you want. No. Sometimes you have to wait, however long it takes, until what you want most comes to you.” from Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
“You deserve every star in the galaxy laid out at your feet and a thousand diamonds in your hair. You deserve someone who’ll run with you as far and as fast as you want to. Holding your hand, not holding you back.” from Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
“You are not weak. You are not indecisive. You are strong. Fierce. Capable beyond measure.” from The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
The shortest book was Love is a Choice by Beth Revis (technically a novella..) and the longest was Winter by Marissa Meyer!
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
DON’T MAKE ME CHOOSE!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Can I use a book I reread? Because if so, it would be Nehemia and Celaena .
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Let It Snow? Idk.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Ummm nothing???? Maybe Illuminae cause Brynn pushed me to read it sooner than later. Please recommend me books.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Robin or John or Much from Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen!
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
The Sin-Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury, Nameless by Jennifer Jenkins, Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon, or Velvet by Temple West!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Confess by Colleen Hoover
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen or Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
I almost cried in Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen, but I usually don’t cry. I’ve only cried while reading twice.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Stolen Magic by Gail Carson Levine or Florence by Ciye Cho
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon or Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I can’t really think of one that made me mad.
Your Blog/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
This year, I found so many new (to me) blogs. Some of my favorites are: Readlovewrite28, The Book Bratz, LivelovereadYA, Danasquare, TheYABookTraveler, NextPagePlease, QualityFangirls, and APerfectionCalledBooks.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
Probably my Throne of Glass review. I think it’s my favorite ever that I have written.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My interview with Jennifer Niven. She is one of the nicest people I have ever met and I got to meet her behind the scenes at Book Con after everyone else except a few other authors had left the room. It was an amazing experience.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Okay so I have many, but there’s one that shines more than most. I MET SARAH J. MAAS AND SHE RECOGNIZED ME FROM TWITTER!!!!!! I saw her later that day again and she was like, “Hi Anna!” and I was freaking out that she remembered my name.
My other favorite moment was all of you guys! You guys made my 2015 a wonderful year! 🙂
Another favorite moment was getting to meet up with some blogger friends at Book Con. And getting an amazing coblogger!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
School. Finals were a pain in the butt.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I’m not sure…..
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I’m not sure…….. Maybe my review of Nameless?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
GoodReads Challenge: 154/120 Books
And I think that’s it?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Ummm too many of them? I have a huge stack of them
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
The Rose and The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh or The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead or Life After Juliet by Shannon Lee Alexander or Nevernight by Jay Kristoff or Heartless by Marissa Meyer
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Shoot. There will probably be a post about this soon. There are too many.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I hope to connect more with you guys. Respond to your comments and comment on your blog, if you have one.
Another goal is for my Bookstagram (@unquenchablereads) to get to 1,000. It’s currently at 755 (as of January 5th at 8:30 PM). It is not a top hope for this year, but if it happens, I would freak out.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I’VE READ ZERO!!!! I know I should have Passenger read already since I have an eArc of it, but eArcs are harder for me to find time to read since I rarely have time to read on an electronic device because at my school, we aren’t really supposed to have our own electronics with us at school if it isn’t for an education purpose.
Let me know what some of your favorite things from 2015 are!